Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/27/2003 9:21:31 PM EDT
More specifically, in which states are GI 30-rd mags NOT legal? I'm selling some and need to know where not to send them. BTW, I can't get the BATF site to work right now.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 9:42:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Well.
I will tell you this.

When a buyer sends you money to you in your state from out of any sate its his property when you receive payments for the mags.

Most states permit you to buy 30's out of state and bring them back with you to your home state.
So, you are just returning their property to them from your state.
[:d]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 12:46:57 AM EDT
[#2]
NJ & NY come to mind.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 11:07:29 AM EDT
[#3]
you can own pre ban high cap mags in NY
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I think thew list is:
MA
MD(nothing over 20 rounders)
NJ(Nothing over 15 rounds I think)
HI
CA

I think thats the list.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 11:42:55 AM EDT
[#5]
MA they are legal  IF they have a class A or B LTC. (permit)Just ask for a copy of it. if they won't give you one refund the money.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 12:04:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 2:06:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think thew list is:
MA
MD(nothing over 20 rounders)
NJ(Nothing over 15 rounds I think)
HI
CA

I think thats the list.
View Quote
I'd add NYC, there are also some other cities in NY where they are no nos-Buffalo, Rochester, and Albany, I think.

They are okay in most of New York state though.
View Quote

Keyword here being "cities". Just because somebody has a Buffalo, Rochester, or Albany mailing address, doesn't necessarily mean they dwell within the 'City Limits' where these assinine laws apply. I'm ten miles outside of Rochester, but have a "Rochester, NY" postal designation. No problem receiving 'pre-bans' here.

Not trying to be a smartass...just embellishing the previous information.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 2:44:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey Javelin,Im with ya bro.Funny I just bought a couple pre bans at the gun show at the dome a couple of weeks ago.The place was crawlin with cops! Is the dome arena considered Rochester or Henrietta?Do these laws apply to Rochester or Monroe county.I knew rochester had som silly laws regarding small automatic pistols but I knew nothing of laws concerning High cap. mags.Do you know how many times I have been downtown while packing my glock nineteen and a couple of fifteen round mags.
                       Mike
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 3:19:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Roadrash (Mike)...slid ya an email.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 2:35:31 PM EDT
[#10]
The peoples republik of New Jersy is no more than 15 rounds but you can have "blocked" 20's 30's etc if they are blocked to accept no more than 15 rounds. I have seen them blocked with something as simple as a screw through the sides or up from the bottom.

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top