Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/22/2003 3:31:34 PM EDT
They've got slots so you can see how many rounds you've got loaded. They look USGI, any guesses if these are factory or homemade?

Link Posted: 10/22/2003 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 5:01:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Just a place where dirt and sand can get into it.

No, I don't think they are factory magazines.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 1:42:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just a place where dirt and sand can get into it.

No, I don't think they are factory magazines.
View Quote

I considered modifying a couple myself until I thought of that. Debis entry is a no-no.

Another vote for homemade handiwork.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 12:33:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 3:03:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Those are home made not factory. I cant think of a situation where I would have to remove my mag to find out how many bullets left I had. And even if I had to, I can tell approx how many I have left by the weight of the mag.
Debris catchers/range mags is what they are.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Definately home made.

By Troy:  Can anyone think of a single situation where such "windows", or for that matter, transparent mags, would possibly be useful?

I could understand a small hole in the rear spine (like AK mags have) that indicates that a mag is at full capacity. But, how does it help you to know that you've got something in between 15 and 29 rounds? I've never figured out when that would be useful.
View Quote

Agreed to a point, but still IMHO there is no need for a hole even to show full capacity.  If it's heavy and you can't push the top round down...It's full. If a guy just inserted it he should know whether he's fired some rounds or not.  Holes in a mag are a lot like most of the legistlation these days:  A solution seeking a problem.

Sly
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 4:50:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Definately home made.

By Troy:  Can anyone think of a single situation where such "windows", or for that matter, transparent mags, would possibly be useful?

I could understand a small hole in the rear spine (like AK mags have) that indicates that a mag is at full capacity. But, how does it help you to know that you've got something in between 15 and 29 rounds? I've never figured out when that would be useful.
View Quote

Agreed to a point, but still IMHO there is no need for a hole even to show full capacity.  If it's heavy and you can't push the top round down...It's full. If a guy just inserted it he should know whether he's fired some rounds or not.  Holes in a mag are a lot like most of the legistlation these days:  A solution seeking a problem.

Sly
View Quote

It is possible to overload some mags, like many USGI 30rd mags will fit 31 rounds in it. I have don't this a few times and it has FTF in my rifle. Not a good thing.

I don't however think that inspection holes really have a place on any weapon with an exposed magazine, just a place for dirt to enter (as I said earlier).
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 5:02:30 PM EDT
[#8]
You got that pic form a auction site. Which site was it? Auctionarms or Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 8:05:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Gunbroker I believe.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top