Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/21/2003 6:34:26 AM EDT
The headache is gone...mostly....after 8 days of caffeine abstinence. Man, am I sleeping better! I've actually had dreams that I remember for the first time in probably 10 years. I wasn't a super heavy user either. Maybe one or two coffees in the morning then 3-4 Diet Mountain Dew throughout the day, none after 6 p.m.

Anybody else kicked that habit?
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:36:28 AM EDT
[#1]
been thinking about it.  How'd ya do it?  Cold turkey?
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:37:20 AM EDT
[#2]
About to try it.  Usually put down 3-5 cups of coffee a day and usually a Coke.

You notice that big a difference in your sleep?

(I havent slept well in years)
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 9:38:05 AM EDT
[#3]
For two days I limited myself to one large cup of coffee in the morning, then I quit. Had terrific, mind-fogging headache from that point on for a week.

Yes, I can say that I sleep a lot better. I have never had trouble getting to sleep or staying asleep. I simply woke up feeling unrested. It seems like I'm less likely to "drag" out of bed in the a.m.

I can't get over the coincidence of having dreams. I couldn't tell you 3 dreams I've had in the last ten years and suddenly I'm having 1-2 vivid, recallable dreams every night (unfortunately, last night's episode saw me shooting someone in a parking lot and my 1911 flew apart when I went to reload...no fun).

I have read multiple times in the course of my medical career, how the quality of REM sleep often affects the restoration of muscles. In other words, "Sleep like shit, feel like shit." That is one of the theories to explain the fibromyalgia syndrome. Since dreaming occurs during REM sleep, I am hoping that my new found sleep pattern will, at least in part, transform me into the superman I once (thought I) was. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Gave it up a couple of years ago. No headaches or anything. I find I  concentrate better now though. I used to to have all this energy with caffine but had trouble focusing it. TimH
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 4:08:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Gave it up September 2002. Replaced the 4-5 cups in the morning with water. Had a slight headache for a day or so. I feel like a new man!
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#6]
*cough*magazineforum*cough*
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#7]
caffeine is my best friend. [;)]

P.S.  IBTL
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Clearing your system of caffeine and other substances such as processed sugar and of course excess salt will ALL have their benefits.   The difference is certainly noticeable.   You may feel great when you're doing caffeine, sugar, and salt, but I GUARANTEE that you will feel more clear-headed, alert, focused, and generally healthier when you cut that stuff out.  Even just cutting down on it will help.

I used to pound the Pepsis at a pretty incredible rate.  A six pack a day, maybe.  Really.  Now I MIGHT drink ONE Pepsi a day, and I don't have the desire to go back to the old ways.  It wasn't beneficial to anyone but the people who sell Pepsi.

I do drink some (decaf) tea, though, but I limit myself to a single spoon of sugar in it and I've become used to it.  It's quite sweet enough that way to me now.

CJ

Link Posted: 10/22/2003 7:08:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Given the forum I figured your topic was a sarcastic way of saying you weren't going to buy mags anymore. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#10]
addictions are what make life worth living.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 10:11:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Did you use to drink it out of a 30 rounder?
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 6:22:45 AM EDT
[#12]
LOL. I had no idea how I put that in the magazine forum! Anybody got any idea how to tranfer to GD board?
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 4:48:51 PM EDT
[#13]
[jump] WELL FIRST YOU GOTTA HAVE A MODDDDDDERATOR KILL THIS ONE, AND THEN I THINK EEEEEITHER THE MOD WEEEEIIIL TRANSFER THIS THREAD ORRRRRRR PERHAPS YOU-U-U-U WILLL NEEEED TO RESTART IT IN THE GGGGGGG_D FORUM....

I,I, I Don't need to cccut back on the Caffein...I'm J-j-j-ust f-f-eeeling GREAT! Why? D-D-DO you guys think I'm UpppppiTY and J-j_j-itt-tery? [end junkie mode]

I don't drink more than a couple-3 cups of cofee a day (One big Remington Promo mug full) but I'll tell you I sleep like shit! So I'll tell you what I think, I drink just a bit, and I also happen to suffer from a bit of Insomnia.  Further, when I do sleep, like a damn zombie that even the 2nd coming of Christ couldn't roust, I wake up tired.  

Maybe you guys are on to something.  Works a headache though, so maybe my skull would implode?

So you just cut a little away from Columbia here comes an increase in the Cocain trade. Take it easy and IF for some reason you find yourself on a roof-top with an automatic weapon yelling, "Get in the house! Get in the F-ing HOUSE!"  [50] Crack a coke and smile.

Sly

(Please tell me you see my humor.  My post was light hearted)

Edited to add: Don't mind me...I Be Totally Lost. (IBTL)
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:04:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Found out I have high blood pressure had to cut out caffeine,quit smoking,cut salt out of my diet,and loose weight all at the same time.No headache but alot of work trying to do it all at the same time.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:33:00 AM EDT
[#15]
I just though of this.

I occasionally used to read a "magazine" while ingesting caffeinated beverages. Now at least the topic is in the right forum.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:42:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Dreaming is good for REM sleep and rests the muscles ? Sometimes I'll dream like mad when I'm sleeping and when I wake up after 8 hours I feel like I barely slept. It drives me insane. I feel like instead of sleeping I'm watching 8 hours of f'ed up movies.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh, Thank Christ almighty we are finally back to the "regularly programmed schedule" i.e.. "Fall back"  I am rejuvenated!

I really didn't want this thread to die for reasons unknown to me.  So  figured to drop add a thread.

I haven't been to work on time since we "sprang ahead!" (If you like springing ahead, I hope that a midget follows you around with a tikki torch searing you nuts off after doing unspeakable acts against you rectum with a rubber hose)

I was a half an hour early to work today.  That's after an entire summer of being 10-15 minutes late on par and ON TIME if I was lucky.

But the dreams still persist.  I had a dream Saturday that I had to kill 4 guys with a leatherman tool like on "Proof of Life" with Meg Ryan and Russell Crow. (It's the one where Russell crow slits that Mexican's throat after jamming a blunt tipped serrated knife into the guys neck and then has some sawing action to finish the deed) Even for me, that was nasty.  Don't know what the dream means but I woke up refreshed!  Maybe I'll put my machete down and pick up a multi-tool again?

Perhaps I should NOT get the "Brown Columbian Monkey" off my back????

Sly

"Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow may bring sorrow or death" Roman Catch-phrase.

Edited to add: What was I thinking when I posted that?
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top