Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2003 1:36:13 AM EDT
I bought an ammo can that will fit a row of five upright standing 30 rd magazines side by side with room to spare. If I stagger the configuration however, (#1: follower facing up, #2: floorplate facing up, #3: follower facing up...) I can fit six snugly. What I was wondering was if the USGI mag body was designed perfectly parallel || or if there was a slight taper to them \/ (a little exaggerated there )at the feedlips. Whatever the answer is, all of my mags drop free (or were "corrected" beforehand)
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 2:41:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I think it's more a factor of the overtravel stop below the mag catch hole than any taper to the body. If you stagger them floorplate, follower, floorplate, follower the extra width of the stop is averaged out. If you stack them all floorplate up or floorplate down the extra width accumulates.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 11:09:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Good point, tweak.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top