Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2003 9:22:44 AM EDT
If one had to travel outside the US with AR15 mags a wanted to come back with them ( all preban unmarked for arguments sake ) what are the steps to avoid consfiscation, or getting into trouble at the Airports?
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Find out what the laws of the country or countries are that you're going to visit. Also check with the State Department that you're not going to get dinged for exporting them - a big no-no or breaking any other laws. You'd probably be better off not even taking the mags with you.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 10:27:05 PM EDT
[#2]
You are begging for trouble with US Customs. Leave them at home.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 11:07:40 PM EDT
[#3]
If I didn't know better I'd swear you're asking us if we think you'd get pinched for illegally bringing imported mags back to the US (which of course, I'm sure you're not [;)]. Well if it's a red flag to me you can be darn sure that a customs official will be a lot more skeptical than I am.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 9:21:33 AM EDT
[#4]
But what about after Sep 04 if things go as planned with the AWB sunsetting?
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#5]
The AWB is one thing; it still is NOT going to change import/export regulations that your State Department has enacted. If you try to bring these mags into Canada, for example, you will have them confiscated and charged with a Criminal Code offence. Similar things may occur in other countries. Again, you'd be better off leaving them at home.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#6]
RR Best to err on the side of Caution.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 9:33:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Leave them at home!!!!
I went into Canada last summer and had a full box of .45acp ammo and a magazine under the seat of my pickup, well I didn't get to keep them and they had fun tearing my truck apart,looking for the pistol they went with.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top