Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2003 10:26:25 AM EDT
Just like the title says.  I got a bunch of colt and other 20 rounders and have been trying to offload them, here and other places. I am trying to buy my first AR and plan to finace it with the mag sales, but I think I must be asking too much or something.  But I just wondered.

Thanks,
Scott
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 10:28:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh and at the gunshow today they were going for $35 and $30 with not much of the finish left.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 10:31:06 AM EDT
[#2]
In Springfield, MA at the gun show last weekend they were $25.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I just bought 9 like new Colt 5.56 mags for $15 a piece.  [:D]
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 1:05:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Oh and at the gunshow today they were going for $35 and $30 with not much of the finish left.
View Quote

In TX?! Tell me you are joking. (At least tell me you were laughing in their face!)

I currently bought ten 20s for $110 (shipped). They had no finish & the inside is ditrier than hell, but they were in terrific shape. Only 1 wouldn't drop free & I fixed that. Now that I have a taste for blood I won't even consider them for the $15.00 WHICH IS THE GOING RATE... NOT A PENNY MORE!!!

Edited to add: Mine were not Colt, but Adventure Lines. $15.00 would be a great price for Colts today, but one thing should be aired out here. Colts are no better than any USGI contractor. Therefore the only people who would pay high premiums for Colt magazines are either idiots, snobs, (or both). As a seller you can feel justified in putting Colts a couple of dollars above the rest, simply because you can. People that go higher than that are assholes, plain & simple. HTH
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 2:41:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Just picked up 2 for $15 each. Colt floorplates at least... Quite old but no cracks. They were in the same bin with some Adventure Lines, same price.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#6]
The gunshows here in Abilene suck huge wind.  I wish I had gone to gunstock instead.  Oh well.  I was looking to offload the mags I have but they wanted to buy them for $10 and offload them for $35, with no moly finish coating stuff left.  

OT but one dude wanted $700 for a used AR 180b another wanted $300 for a Chinese Makarov
sheesh
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 7:57:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I won't pay anything over $20 for 20 rounders.
I went to a show  a few months ago where this guy was trying to get $45 out of a Colt.
He asked me what I would give him and I told him $20.
He laughed and said "Boy, you don't understand what this really is."
I replied "Maybe not, but your sure not moving it fast are you? I've seen it sitting there the last 3 shows I've been here. You must be real proud of it to pay $50/table to display it here.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:14:16 AM EDT
[#8]
$20-$25, depending upon finish condition.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#9]
About 2 months ago, I paid $100 for 5 90% Colt mags with 5 round spacers still in them.  The seller never took them off.  Just a week ago, somebody posted 4 or 6 mags for $10 a piece delivered.  However, I didn't buy any because he would only take paypal.  I don't like paypal.

There are still bargains out there.  You just have to be patient.

Booker
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 8:29:40 AM EDT
[#10]
$20-25 is the going rate in my neck of the woods.  AS New ones always seem to SIT on the dealers tables for $30-40. For other than Colt brands, $18-25 depending on condition.

The shops here in town are a different story.  One fella wants $35 for worn Colts. Another wants $50 a piece.  Then there is another guy that really thinks he has the market cornered...He wants $55 for a couple with 20% finish, $300 for 4 Colt 20's NIW (4-pak that I traded to him a couple years ago now) and $450 for 7 Adventureline 20s NIB (Box of 7)  Needless to say, these guys don't sell many mags. [rolleyes]

The best I did was a going on a couple years ago now at a fun show...Bought 22 Colt 20s for $220...$10 EACH!  [jump] They're early contract with the allow follower in as new condition.  Aside from some handling marks from being thrown in a rubbermaid tub together they had never been inside a receiver.  (Been looking for that kind of deal again ever since)[peep]

Due to the sunset coming up in less than year, buyers are skeptical.  But if I needed some mags, I would pay up to $30 for a new Colt 20. ($25 for AdventureLine, etc)  I figure since LE are paying $17 for Colt 20s (Less for other brands in quantity) I ain't worried about paying an extra $10-15 for the mags I NEED NOW.

As far as I know, and I may be incorrect, the military will not be releasing mags to the civilian world after the sunset. I believe Billy Clitton put the axe to that idea above the AWB...[pissed]

Sly
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 9:13:40 AM EDT
[#11]
The last 16 I got were $10 each plus shipping. I saw the ones for sale PayPal only too, what a shame I don't do PayPal anymore.

Danny
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 11:51:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
OT but one dude wanted $700 for a used AR 180b another wanted $300 for a Chinese Makarov
sheesh
View Quote

$300 is a very fair price for a Chinese Mak. They are extremely collectable and no longer imported. Hell, I don't need one and I would have bougt it just to sell it for a good profit.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 6:44:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry I ment a bulgy Mak.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top