Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2003 10:06:27 PM EDT
Do any contractors still make origianl 20 round magazines? Are there any companies that manufacture 20 round replacement bodies?
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:32:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I've not seen an "original" (USGI spec) 20 round magazine made after the 1970s.  Until there's some demand it's doubtful they'll be made.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:59:59 AM EDT
[#2]
The fact that they sell for as much & in some cases more than USGI 30s tells me there is a demand. Many plinkers/match shooters prefer them for their clearance for prone shooting. Whatever the case, thanks for the response.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 5:57:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Colt has been making and selling 20 round mags since whenever.

They still sell them with their LE guns.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 9:05:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

CRC
View Quote

I have seen a number of new 20 round mags come with LEO Colt AR15's.  They appear to be USGI spec 20's.  In fact, I believe our local PD just received 500+ with a shipment of LEO Colt Gov't Carbines.

I doubt that Colt has 10's of thousands of NIB pre-70's USGI 20's in storage, so they must be producing them new.

Now, whether that means Colt will sell NIB USGI 20's to civilians after 9/04....

I don't have first hand knowledge that Colt is still manufacturing USGI 20's, but that's my best bet based on the ones that I've seen.  I think they even have "LEO/Mil use only" postban stamps.

I'll try to get a hold of one to inspect and get a pic.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#5]
ArmaLite is (or was a year ago) still selling 20 rounders which appear to be mil-spec with their Law Enforcement/Military rifles. IIRC, they were offering a choice of a 20 or 30 round mag with the new rifles.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

CRC
View Quote

I have seen a number of new 20 round mags come with LEO Colt AR15's.  They appear to be USGI spec 20's.  In fact, I believe our local PD just received 500+ with a shipment of LEO Colt Gov't Carbines.

I doubt that Colt has 10's of thousands of NIB pre-70's USGI 20's in storage, so they must be producing them new.

Now, whether that means Colt will sell NIB USGI 20's to civilians after 9/04....

I don't have first hand knowledge that Colt is still manufacturing USGI 20's, but that's my best bet based on the ones that I've seen.  I think they even have "LEO/Mil use only" postban stamps.

I'll try to get a hold of one to inspect and get a pic.
View Quote

Go to their website and look at the Law Enforcement rifles. ALL come with 2 twenty round mags and I'm sure THEY ARE NOT USED.

CRC
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top