Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2003 4:37:28 AM EDT
Hey guys,
This is probably a stupid question, but exacatically how do you change the followers in the SA-80 British mags.  I've got a couple of them ( a black Dillon IDI and a "gun show" RO).  I can't figure out how to do it.  The floor plate seems well crimped on and the shape of the follower doesn't seem to lend itself to being lifted out from the top.  For sure, I'm missing something here.
Coolio
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 5:05:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Mag dis-assembly starts at bottom tab, as I have not seen them I can only assume they come apart like a regular mag.

Take a standard M193 round and stick in small hole at rear bottom of mag, this depresses small catch located inside lower portion of magazine releasing the tab, while pushing inward and pulling with reaward tension tab should slide backward thru tabs and off. Re-assemble in reverse order.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 5:59:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, mr_wilson!
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top