Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2003 7:22:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:52:16 PM EDT
[#1]
not only is there a 1 in a circle, the "1" is also inverted on some, but the significance of it  was to ID magazines made by one subcontractor from another, i have heard that they were mfgd. by either FN or the original Armalite.., what i want to know is, is there a difference in the upright "1" & the inverted "1"......?????
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:55:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 1:17:40 AM EDT
[#3]
The '1' means it was a commercial mag shipped with the early SP-1's.  They will also have a lighter gray looking baseplate with different sized lettering than most military issue mags.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 5:23:30 AM EDT
[#4]
GNR,
not disputing your word, but is that info from personal knowledge or did you read about it somewhere ?

i ask because i know a person who has been at Colt over 30 years & he said they were a "subcontractor" ID

i for one do not know.., i just have 6 of them & 2 have inverted "1"
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top