Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2003 10:50:24 AM EDT
Any reason why an FN & Parsons USGI 30rnd mags would fit so tightly into the magwell of my Bushmaster? Neither mag drops out either. They don't look damaged. These are my first USGI mags & they are definitely used.

thanks!
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 11:18:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Both the Bushy and the mags may have parkerization or other finish on them, which could account for the tightness. If your rifle is new, expect that after a bit of use the magwell will loosen abit. Same with finish on some mags, they will wear with use.

That said, if everything is well used and still tight, some here suggest ya can give the mags a very [b]SLIGHT adjustment[/b] by squeezing them in a vise.

I suspect mags are new and the raised portion of mag, right below where mag release snaps into the mag is causing the stiffness you feel, this will flatten a bit with use and I would not worry or go to extreme above yet, IF MAGS ARE NEW.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 12:34:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Mags are definitely not new & are well-used. My rifle though is only 3 months old. I'll give'em a slight squeeze in a vise. Otherwise, no big deal as they were cheap. I figured once my rifle is a bit older, they will be easier to use.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:36:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Check them for "squareness".  Sometimes during storage, they get squashed and their angles are not square.  Get a T-square or something that has a right angle and check the sides.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I gave each mag a squeeze in a vise & that helped them out. Probably once the finish inside the magwell wears down more, that'll
help too. Thanks for the suggestions!
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top