Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2003 10:48:23 PM EDT
Update is at the bottom!

There is no need for any more entries

Yes, that's right, a free preban 30rnd magazine.

However there's a catch. Whoever agrees to accept this mag must write up a full "range report" on how it functions for you. Honesty is required! If the mag you get does not work and functions like a USA brand mag, that needs to be what you report back to us at AR15.com.

We've had about 25 emails asking us how reliable our used Canadian Thermolds are. Many people deem these mags as unreliable and not worth the $12.00 we're asking. Mainly due to the rumors associated with them melting.

Reply to this thread if you are interested, leave your email address and a date that you will have the range report completed and posted in this forum. I will then contact you via email (you MUST list your email address. If you do not, I will not click on the "email" link that is provided with your post).

I will then contact you (via email) asking for your mailing address. Once you confirm, I'll then ship you one of our used Canadian manufactured 30rnd Thermolds.

The only thing I ask in return is a range report on how the mag functioned for you, in both slow fire and rapid fire. Please be as detailed as possible.

I also ask that you do not email me asking to send you the mag, only reply to this thread. If you do email us asking for the mag, you will not be considered to do the range report. Sorry. I will contact you.

And of course, whoever is selected will get to keep the mag!

This offer is void where standard capacity mags are prohibited!

Any volunteers?????
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 1:41:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll test it. Can post the results by 092903.

Link Posted: 9/18/2003 2:23:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm willing to participate.
I've been wondering which way to sway between USGI and the plastic mags. I've had some bad experiences with them before.
I write product reviews pretty often on other forums. [;)]
[email][email protected][/email]
-Steve
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 4:48:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll test one.  I could post results the weekend following receipt.  (I'm a working stiff).

[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:20:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm one of the people that would never, ever buy one of these mags.  I'll stick with my USGIs.  This is mainly because I've fallen for all the rumors.

Having said that, I'm willing to see if you can change my mind.  I'm willing to test the mag with no less than three different ARs and will put enough ammo down range to see if I can melt this thing.  

[email protected]

Should be an interesting test regardless who does it.

Edited to add: I can post a result this Saturday if you can get me a mag by then.  I'm shooting with some ARFCOMers.  If you can't get me the mag by then, I can have a report within 2 days of receipt.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:46:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Send it to someone that has an M16.

Excellent idea by the way.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:03:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I can run it through its paces the day that it is received, and will post findings that same evening.

Let me know.

Bud
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:08:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I will give it a try and will be able to post a report within 1 week of receiving the mag. I am curious to try it since I have tried the USA Thermolds and Orlites already.

Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:40:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll do it.  Range report filed on the first weekend day after the magazine arrives.  For example, if the mag arrives on Saturday, report will be posted on Sunday.  If it arrives on Monday, gotta wait till Saturday.  

edited to remove my email addy.  Don't want bots crawling around harvesting it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 9:43:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I work at a shooting range. Trust me when I say I can Test and evaluate it. It will get put thru the paces very quickly.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 10:37:17 AM EDT
[#10]
i would be more than willing, i'm going to the range next wknd 9/27 and can put hundrends of rounds through for you [:)]
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 10:40:38 AM EDT
[#11]
If you can have it to me by tomorrow, I can post a report Saturday afternoon/evening.

Link Posted: 9/18/2003 11:29:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Let's see how long it takes for the DU crowd to collect these emails and start harassing folks..

I'll pass, thank you very much!
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm willing to try the mag out and will be real honest with everybody and if they are good you will be hearing from me to get more !!![:D]

Link Posted: 9/18/2003 1:16:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm not going to post my email here, any other way we can do it?
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#15]
[email protected]

I could have results back two days after mag is dellivered by mail man.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 2:43:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I could test it on any or all of my 11 AR's and do it all in 2 days and have the report back to you 2 days after i recieve it. I also have 13 types of ammo so I can give it a full work out .
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm one of the people that would never, ever buy one of these mags.  I'll stick with my USGIs.  This is mainly because I've fallen for all the rumors.

Having said that, I'm willing to see if you can change my mind.  I'm willing to test the mag with no less than three different ARs and will put enough ammo down range to see if I can melt this thing.  

[email protected]

Should be an interesting test regardless who does it.

Edited to add: I can post a result this Saturday if you can get me a mag by then.  I'm shooting with some ARFCOMers.  If you can't get me the mag by then, I can have a report within 2 days of receipt.
View Quote

Hopefully this mag will change your mind! I've already sent you an email.

There will be no need for any other entries.

Thanks to all who participated! I'm looking forward to the mag review myself.

Cody @ Magazine Specialties
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:24:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks, Cody.  I responded to the e-mail and will do my best to run this mag through a grueling workout.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:35:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I would be more then happy to test it.Ive been out of work for 10 months do to my second back suragry and have be chomping at the bit to shoot.I found a FREE outside range in Georgia to do all my shooting.Ive just did a trigger replacment on my 10/22 and i'm testing tomorrow and my Colt LW is going for a test drive also.Im going to sight them both in because they both got new scopes.I have 500 223 rounds i bought before surgry and 1500 22 rounds.I have ALDAY so hehehehe i'm packing my lunch and alot of drinks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I would be more then happy to test it.Ive been out of work for 10 months do to my second back suragry and have be chomping at the bit to shoot.I found a FREE outside range in Georgia to do all my shooting.Ive just did a trigger replacment on my 10/22 and i'm testing tomorrow and my Colt LW is going for a test drive also.Im going to sight them both in because they both got new scopes.I have 500 223 rounds i bought before surgry and 1500 22 rounds.I have ALDAY so hehehehe i'm packing my lunch and alot of drinks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 4:12:33 PM EDT
[#21]
I'd be more than happy to test one and provide you with the documentation.  With class begining soon at the college I work for I should be able to complete this by the first weekend in October.

Contact me at [email][email protected][/email]

Sarge
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 4:32:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Heh, guys.. the applicant process is closed. He was only doing this for a 'single' mag, and bookhound was chosen. Like one guy testing a single mag will prove anything anyway.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll try,and do a report [email protected]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#24]
I will participate and I will put that puppy through the paces
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Heh, guys.. the applicant process is closed. He was only doing this for a 'single' mag, and bookhound was chosen. Like one guy testing a single mag will prove anything anyway.
View Quote

Exactly what I thought, so many people STUCK ON STUPID !!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#26]
hehe, the real funny part was the two guys chiming in after I posted that.. :)
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:09:36 PM EDT
[#27]
I probably posted too late to be considered, but I wouldn't mind doing it. I have some USA Thermolds to stack up against it as well.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:21:59 PM EDT
[#28]
I would like to test your mag and return a report within 1 week of reciving it. [email protected]
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 9:29:01 PM EDT
[#29]
YO... PEOPLE THE DAMN THING IS OVER!!!
DIZZY IS NOT THE WORD [CHAIR]
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 11:37:47 AM EDT
[#30]
 If you choose to do this again I will test one in a 3-gun setting, High Power rifle, and Sporter rifle matches.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 2:30:46 PM EDT
[#31]
[:\]
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 8:02:34 AM EDT
[#32]
so when in hell do we see the results????????
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 8:24:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Mag hasn't arrived yet.  I'll test the mag the day after I receive it then report how it performed and my impressions of the mag.  Like my previous post, I'll have a report posted within 2 days of receiving the mag.

I plan to shoot a few hundred rounds through three different ARs with the mag.  I'll test four different kinds of ammo (Q3131A, IMI M855, Wolf and a few Federal ballistic tips).  I'll make sure most of the rounds are fired through the same AR to get it fairly hot.  I'll drop the loaded mag from about waist high on the feed lips, then try using the mag.  I'll be loading the mag using a LULA and also with stripper clips.

Oh, I'll also take the mag apart, reassemble and use it some more.

Anything else I can do to stress the mag?  Any way to simulate the environment (heat on the feed lips) needed to melt the mag?  I don't own an M16.  I've gotten my ARs very, very hot.  But, how hot does the rifle need to be to melt these things?    

Input on tests you guys would like to see would be appreciated.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 8:40:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Campfire will do it nicely... [;)]
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 8:45:00 AM EDT
[#35]
I was actually thinking of sticking the mag in the oven for a while.  [:D]
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Mag was here when I got home from work.  I've already been testing it out.  I'll have some initial observations and impressions to post tomorrow.  Work permitting, I'll be shooting with this mag tomorrow.  There is a chance I might have to go out of town.  If so, I'll shoot on Wednesday and have some comments that night.

BTW, the mag was packaged very nicely and ComputerGuy threw in a couple of orange followers.  Too cool.  Thanks, ComputerGuy!
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:58:48 AM EDT
[#37]
I posted my review in a separate thread in the Magazine section.

Here is the link.

[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=170905]Canadian Thermold review[/url]
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 8:46:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Computerguy,  I am willing to try one and give a report. I have never used a "Plastic" mag in any gun I have owned.

[email protected]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top