Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2003 7:15:44 AM EDT
I have trying to come up up with another winter project, and this time I think I came up with a winner. But now I have a legal question.  Can I take a pre-ban drum magazine made for one weapon and modify it to fit another.

I have the opportunity to pick up a couple of AK drums at a very, very low price. Since I no longer have an AK, I figured I could modify one to fit an AR. I realize this will entail lot of work, but I like these types of challenges.

So can I modify a preban in this manner or does it fall into the category of manufacturing a new magazine?
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 8:37:21 AM EDT
[#1]
OK, I'm not a legal eagle but IIRC,As you describe it NO. Why? As far as I know If you modify a preban magazine to fit another firearm it MUST retain the ability to function in the original firearm as well or you are creating a new high cap magazine and in violation of the AWB...So if you can do it so it still works in an AK then your good to go....EXAMPLE: Preban UZI mags modified to fit colt style Ar15 9mm's: Works in the AR and still works in Uzi's..............UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 1:55:27 PM EDT
[#2]
My understanding of the twisted mag laws is the same as Underdog75's.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top