Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2003 6:45:53 PM EDT
I bought a like new simmons usgi 20 rd mag awhile back at a gun show.  I used it for the first time last weekend.  It would only hold 5 rds - no more!  I removed the floorplate and noticed a metal band that prevented the follower from going down.  It didn't appear to be jury-rigged - it was a nice job.  Has anyone seen anything like this?  I don't need no stinking 5 rd magazine!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:32:17 AM EDT
[#1]
That used to be common, one given away with every Colt. Pop it out, and you have a 20.

Don't pitch it, in case you decide to blast furry balls of cuteness, and the fishcops want to limit your mag capacity.

Meplat-
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 11:41:49 AM EDT
[#2]
List it for sale on the Equipment Exchange.  Folks living in states that require the limited capacity would be interested in purchasing it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I also have one of these, just take the metal band out and your good to go. But like they say, save it for you might need it.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top