Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2003 8:41:50 AM EDT
Went to a gunshow this weekend.  Badgered a vendor down to $15 on a mag marked $18.  Mag is new, steel and appears to have a black plastic anti-tilt follower.  Finish is gray powder coat.  "England" sticker on left side of mag body.  Wondering if anyone can tell me what manufacture it is.  I thought it was a good deal, any opinions??  Thank you

Another vendor had a 300 brick of '86 SA ammo for $40. Tried to get him down to $35 but he wouldn't do it.  After doing the math I'm kicking myself for not getting it.  Live and learn.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 8:44:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Just checked post regarding AMMOMAN's English mags.  They look just like that and were set upon a bundle of mags in brown paper wrapping just like the one in the picture.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:25:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Some say imperial on the manufacture.  
I bought 13 10 still in the wrap I love them.  They can take the abuse.  
I payed 13 apiece for mine.  You got a good price.  My local gun shop is selling them for 27.00 each and hes getting it.
Ric
Rvulcan500
RPAG Industries
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 11:15:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reply.  The reason I'm asking is there are no markings at all on the mag or floorplate.  Floorplate is the same gray powder coat as the mag body.  Thanks again
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 1:41:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Only problem I've had with any of mine were the mag bodies were a bit tight from front to back (only on 1 of 5) and would catch the tip of the bullets when loading. If the mag is clean it doesn't seem like the follower would stick, but if it got dirt in there I wouldn't depend on it. Otherwise the other 4 I have work very well, and my next buy is new springs and maybe a green follower or two to compare to the black antitilt they come with..

For $13 bucks they are a good quality DURABLE mag, imo.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 12:03:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Glad to hear.  I just ordered 5 from Ammoman today.  He has them for a good price.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 1:10:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a mag the other day that is supposed to be british, can anyone help ID it?

It has a plactic base with a button on it, says "RG" on the button.

Awesome mag, really top quality.

Ron.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:24:18 PM EDT
[#7]
shark I believe that is a radway green manufactured mag and would as a result be british.  The RG mags are pretty hard to find if not impossible here in the US and are different from the english mags being talked about above.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 2:55:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Shark,

Those are the same the BritishArmy phased out due to reliability problems. Watch out for the floorplate working loose.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top