Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2003 6:25:49 AM EDT
I'm getting ready to install green followers and new 2nd generation springs in a few 30 round imperial black teflon SA-80 mags.

I am familiar with the mags, and have disassembled one of them. I have also measured them and compared them to simmonds 20 round USGI mags. The dimensions are the same in every respect.

Can someone post the exact instructions and/or pictures of the correct procedure for correctly inserting the spring into the green follower, and then into the magazine body.

And how it should look if inserted properly vs. improperly. I have a desire to get this procedure right the first time.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 9:04:59 AM EDT
[#1]
there are some threads tacked at the top which should help you.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 1:53:58 PM EDT
[#2]
None of the threads tacked to the top describe the correct manner to attach the spring to the follower.

I understand this is where many mistakes are made in rebuilding, or reassembling magazines.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#3]
As to attaching the spring to the follower, you'll see that there is a hole in the follower.  This hole will line up perfectly with one end of the spring, work the spring wire into it and presto, you've done it.  Check the way the black follower in one of your brit mags is attached and you'll understand, the green followers are installed exactly the same way.  Good luck!
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top