Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2003 2:39:02 PM EDT
I just baught some 20 rnd mags and I would like to know the authenticity of one.  It appears to be an early airforce/army mag.  It has a silver floorplate.  Its marked like the normal colt .223 mags but the markings look a tad bigger.  Just wondering about this mag.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Very top thread in this forum.

Troy is your man.

[url]http://magfaq.tripod.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 3:57:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I am aware of the mag faq and I already checked it.  I am just wondering if some mags were created with silver floorplates.  I am wondering if someone stripped it?
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 4:55:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had several with the black paint [b]worn[/b] off the bottom.

So is it looking stripped or worn off?
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 5:33:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Its all completely gone.  It looks like it was made that way.  It may have been stripped but I was just wondering if anyone made them like this.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quite a few were made like that, I used to own several actually.

I also have a floor plate from a 30 (THIRTY) round magazine that is silver and stamped Colt with Cal. .223 (not 5.56). That you don't see everyday!!!

They were a special run of mags for a certain Colt rifles (I cannot remember which rifles they were made for though).
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top