Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/2/2003 5:09:48 PM EDT
bought 2 new 30rd nickle mags off the net.  cant remember who from.  cheaper than dirt, shotgun news or something like that.  last round either jams up above the bolt/carrier, or the mag catch holds the bolt open before chambering the last round.  can i replace the black follower with a green and be back in buisness?  the mag bodies have four welds on front and on back.  feed lips are correct contour as far as i can tell and are closed in the rear.  base plate says nothing and does not have bent end.  should i use them for target practice or can they be salvaged?  thanks for any replys.    
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:55:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Nickle?

Pimpin. Range use only. Don't waste money on fixing em..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, if you have a mag with green followers and a good spring, you could try and substitute it, or just buy the new follower and spring and try it.  If it works, great, if not, you have replacement parts for your good mags.  I think good spring and green follower should take care of it, though.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 8:40:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Nickel mags? Never seem or heard of a 30 round nickel magazine with a factory finish.

The only factory nickel mags were made by Colt as a special run for their electroless nickel finished SP1s. You have a better chance of finding a needle in a hay stack then getting your hands on one of these 20rnders.

Who is the manufactuer of these mags? If they are USGI I would say try replacing the follower with a green or orange one. If that doesn't work, I would suggest replacing the spring.

If this is an aftermarket mag, you might just have live with it. Probably going to be range use only mags.

Hope this helps,

Cody @ Magazine Specialties
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:18:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:46:40 AM EDT
[#5]
my vote is definatly U.S.A. mag..........seen'em
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top