Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/26/2003 4:36:52 PM EDT
Ok so here I am taking the para cord out of my mags. I lost my mind a couple of weeks ago and bought 48 magpuls on ebay.

Now I can cram these Puled Mags into my vest ok, but I wondering what kind of pouches or setups other people or using for 'Magpuled' AR mags. I have some Bianchi single mag pouches I do not think these will fit any more. Unless I cut the flaps off HoG
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 3:00:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I use Tactical Tailor 3 mag pouches(fits 2) or there AK pouch. -Justin
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info!

HoG
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 5:01:21 PM EDT
[#3]
believe it or not, mag-pul has a seal of approval for pouches that are compatible with mag-puls. According to the manual, USGI pouches are compatible.
They also list the tactical tailor-Ranger RACK.
I know for a fact that the BHI military mag pouch (2) doesn't work. I suspect the same of the 3 mag pouch as it looks like a larger version of the same design. The pouches on their vest do work though. The covers are adjustable.
HTH
Does anyone know if the SAW pouches work with mag-puls?
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 12:14:20 PM EDT
[#4]
The Blackhawk STRIKE 2mag pouches hold 2 for me as well as the pouches on my CQB chest rig.I can also fit them in CTC mag pouches as well as the TT pouches and Spec-ops Brand X-Pouches.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 12:17:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I have tried to find offcial MagPul compatible pouches but have had no luck other than what was stated in the manual (USGI, and the ranger rack)anybody else know of some?

The tactical tailor stuff looks ok, I would like to have more to choose from :)

So far I am just looking at anything that has plenty of adjustment for the "lid". really would like to hear form more MagPul users on this.

Pouches, over shoulder magbags, maybe a chest pouch rig is what I am looking for, something I can grab and put on when I grab the carbine if I need to dash outside to repel coyotes, or coydogs. Molle bandoliers look good but I bet they will not close on a Puled mags anybdy know?

I dont wear my vest to often around my place, (nice if alien invade or WWIII starts, but just to slow to get on, and cumbersome once on).

I have gotten in the habit of just stikking a couple of mags in my back pockets on the way out the door. But I really want to carry at least 6 mags, just in case.

Anybody having other suggestions feel free to chime in. Web gear is too expensive these days to order by "it looks like it will work in the picture".

HoG

Thanks Redbone exactly what I was lookign for!
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#6]
How many coyotes do you expect to encounter?
I got a vest specifically so that I had something quick to grab. I think a chest rig would actually be more difficult.
How about using a mag cinch, or a buttstock mag pouch? That would give you 60 rounds on the rifle. More than enough to handle the brain eating zombies until you reach your vest/LBE.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Lol Stryfe, I smoked three coydoggies early one morning last Oct in my "driveway". At least two got away. I used a quite few more than three rounds to drop those three. ;>

The thing is once I am out the door I wil not be back for my vest, unless I find UFO, a pack of Orcs, or of course brain eating zombies.

Coydoggies run like hell as soon as they think I and my hounds are outside, so I have to run like hell also to get shots at em, so we move away from the house pretty quick till we hit the property line.

I personally don't care for redi mags, or double mags, or drums, tried them over the years. Same, same for me they just seem awkward, stuff falls off,gets caught, etc, etc when I am moving hard. I know they work great for some folks.

My vest (which is eight-nine years old, hotshit in the day but a bit dated now) is fine as web gear/LBH (and I have it set up that way), it is just cumbersome (hard to get low, move through brush) for anything other than a zombie/alien attack ;> I AM set up pretty good for those however. 8>

Thanks for the suggestions, you guys helped a lot and got me pointed in the right direction I will let ya know what I wind up using!

HoG

Link Posted: 8/30/2003 1:15:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Hammer:

I picked up a Spec Ops mag pouch several months ago at a fun show. It holds four GI mags loosely without Mag Puls, and four very tightly with Puls. They aren't so tight that you can't draw one mag without the others coming out, but they are tight enough that they don't rattle at all. I leave one of the two center mags raised about 1/4" above the others so that it will draw slightly easier. After one mag comes out, the others are loose enough to draw without any problem.

The top flap secures with a velcro closure or with a tongue & buckle strap, or both. The strap has enough slack built in to provide a handhold regardless of how tight you cinch it down. The back of the pouch will either fasten to a belt or vest with two straps with snaps, or by inserting Alice clips into the top set of loops.

IIRC, the pouch cost me about $12-14.00. So far it has worked fine for me.

Edited to add link: [url]www.specopsbrand.com[/url] Look at the X series pouches. The one I described is the 4 mag X model.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 1:47:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been thinking about this. I'd considered the vest to be the best choice because their is no fussing around with straps. But I flipped through the BHI catalogue and found this.
[img]http://www.blackhawkindustries.com/uploads/product_images/55SOS1BK.jpg[/img][url=http://www.blackhawkindustries.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=2098&d=]here[/url]
And, from [url=http://www.eagleindustries.com/mainprod.asp?scv=0]Eagle [/url]
[img]http://www.eagleindustries.com/images/prodimages/p_MP-223.jpg[/img]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top