Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/25/2003 3:51:49 PM EDT
I saw this "snail-like" 90rnd mag made by MWG on a website, pretty sure it was pre-ban. Looks like it'd be fun. Are they any good? Haven't seen any mention of them. I remember seeing ad's for them in Machine Gun News a long time ago.

thanks!
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 4:58:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 7:08:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had problems with the couple I've used. Fragile, compared to the (then) cheaper Chinese drums, but more reliable AT FIRST.

The clear backplate does not stay clear for long, and quickly develops cracks. Loading is NOT easy, and requierd a considerable effort for the 85+ rounds one coaxed into it.

The balance issue will become apparent the first time you hang it, fully loaded, from your rifle.

I'd spend the cash on ammo, or USGI's.

Meplat-
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 11:20:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I figured it would be heavy. And I can't imagine loading it being all that easy. Thanks for the info guys!
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 2:35:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one of these I was thinking about selling, but since it does work well, I just kept it. I would suggest a foreward mounted pistol grip on any weapon one of these is used in. It makes a huge difference in how the rifle handles and takes away some of the awkwardness that's there due to the large diameter of the mag. I basically made a poor man's SAW out of a 20" AR HBAR using this mag, the forward vertical grip and a bipod. It was more for looks than function but will spit out lots of rounds before reloading is necessary. Even though it is a semi, it will certainly increase your rate of fire.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 1:06:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Had one, same experiences as above.  And I realized I could do as well with a bag full of USGI 30's or two PMI 40's strapped together.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top