Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2003 4:19:55 PM EDT
I found one of these at an Army&Navy store for $10 bucks. He even had USGI mags for $10 bucks, but im broke and could'nt buy more.

I had never seen one of these Ramline AR-15 mags before. It looks like it fits the Ruger Mini-14 also, but i have no way of testing that. The mag fit very tightly in the well and the bolt would not lock by hand.-but will when fireing the last shot..Odd. No problems with feeding. Ran fine, but i noticed very small cracks at the backside of the mag where it fits in the magwell. Dont go prone hard with these i suppose. Not a problem at the moment, but past experince with .22lr Ramline mags is that it will likely break. Shame.

Another problem with the design is no clear way of fieldstripping the mag. If i rough handle it, im afraid i might break/crack the thing.

I like the idea of a C-thru mag, but i guess that will have to be left to the AUG, HK, and Sig rifles.

CDNN has Eagle C-thru mags. Dont know how good they work, but they look kind'a weird. Anybody know how these are?
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 3:33:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 3:41:54 PM EDT
[#2]
i had some, and they worked pretty well. To disassemble them ,you remove the floorplate. I beleive there is a tab you squeeze..
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Those Ramline mags were worthless in my Mini 14. Being the idiot I am I bought six of them with out trying them. They would feed 8rds & cause the Ruger to stovepipe. Got rid of both the mags & the mini 14 in a hurry.

If I were you I would not buy anymore. Try dropping a loaded one on concrete.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 5:48:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I have three or four clear plastic mags. All are cracked., all are useless. Luckily they were free, which barely makes em worth holding on to.

Save your money.

Meplat-
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top