Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/18/2003 9:22:33 AM EDT
Do the preban USGI Teflon coated mags have teflon coated floor plates?  Are the floor plates the same color as the mag?  Would grey teflon have a grey follower etc?
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 9:43:59 AM EDT
[#1]
DevL,

As far as I know, all USGI issued floor plates are black. But I have not had any issued mags with the black T coating so I'm not sure if the floor plates would be Teflon coated.

I had some pre-ban grey Teflon Bushmaster magazines and some GI 30 Labelles that I believe were were also grey teflon, both had black floor plates without Teflon coating.

Link Posted: 8/18/2003 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto.

Black floorplates, but no teflon coating on the floorplates. Black plastic followers.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 1:58:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ditto.

Black floorplates, but no teflon coating on the floorplates. Black plastic followers.
View Quote

Yep, same thing here.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 1:59:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, how do I tell a Grey Teflon from a Grey Permasilk mag?

I have a few Grey mags that are much more slippery that the other mags. When I hold it in direct bright light they also have a somewhat different looking "skin"
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 2:15:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top