Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/16/2003 8:19:41 PM EDT
What's the best way to lubricate my magazines?  how about using a dry lube vs. wet, standard lubes?
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 3:17:02 AM EDT
[#1]
The best lube is no lube.  Wet lubes attract dirt, dust, sand, and lead to functionality issues.  Dry lubes are fine but too much lube can transfer to your cartridges.  When fired, a lubed case can be dangerous because it does not properly grip the chamber walls, and the force on the bolt can be excessive.  

Leave them dry, at most perhaps with a very light wiping of the spring with an dry-to-touch (not wet) oily rag for the thinnest of coats.

Noah
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 12:30:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I appreciate the information. I had a feeling no lube was needed, especially in relation to the close contact with the cartridges.  My mags are teflon coated on the inside, as it is.  I just needed the make sure.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top