Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/16/2003 8:04:33 AM EDT
What's the deal with all these mags on the market that are coming in from other countries??
For example the SA80 mags...How can these be brought in to the US? Don't get me wrong I'm glad were able to have the chance to get more mags, I'm just curious why we are we able to get these and not other mags.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 8:56:42 AM EDT
[#1]
It is my understanding the importer has documents to prove they were manufactured prior to the ban.  Also, IIRC, they are imported on a "Form 6", meaning they have been given permission to do so.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#2]
The Crime Bill restricts import of high capacity magazines manufactured after 9/94.

If the importer can provide documentation that the magazines were manufactured before 9/94, then they are legal to import.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top