Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2003 6:24:10 AM EDT
I found a few old GI magazines "as is" for $3 each.  I picked a few up to see if I could make some range mags.  The seller said they were "expanded".  I have checked them with mics against a couple of good condition mags I have - and the measurements all seam close enough.  The are all within the same tolerances as the mags that work.  But they don't slide into a magwell.

Has anyone had experience with this.  I didn't plan on them working 100% - but for $3 a mag I would be bragging if I could get them to work.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 6:26:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I forgot to mention - there are no Obvious problems like dents or bends.  I am making a jig out of heavy cardboard to make sure the lines , angles & curves are ok.  They look pretty close comparing one to a good mag.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 6:28:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 8:27:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Firemike,

I have a sanchez (I think as it was a used GI magazine and the plate could have been mis-matched) that goes into my receiver rather tight.  It functions OK but it will not drop out.  It seems it is just a bit larger at the back of the mouth of the mag.

I keep it around as a range mag, if those mags @ $3 each don't work... Use CMMGs replacement bodies. I picked up a bunch for a pile of crapped out 30 rd GIs I had laying around.  Very nice when you can have a near new mag for under $20...

(PS my first post)
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 8:43:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top