Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/8/2003 5:33:27 PM EDT
I recently purchased some of the black teflon 30# mags marked DPMS with the lion's head logo on the base plate. No one of them functions correctly in any of my three AR's! The bolt catches on the lip of the mag, the mags do not fit/line up with the mag catch. Anyone else have this problem? I also heard about someone producong some "fake" mags. any truth to this? thanks,

Paul
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 6:18:29 PM EDT
[#1]
What is the "lip" of the mag? How does it not fit or line up to the mag catch? We need more details. I have never heard of DPMS using a lion logo, but that does not mean it can't exist.

Bob

Link Posted: 8/9/2003 4:46:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I called it a lion but it is a mountain lion's head only. The problem is that when the two haves of the mag shell were joined by tack welds, they were not properly aligned - one side is about 3/16 higher. The base of the mag is square so it may be that the mag halves on that side (eject port) were fabricated out of tolerance. I received these packed in unmarked plastic bags. They have green followers, black teflon coating, and the only markings are the ones on the base plates - DPMS and the lions head. I have heard now that somewhere counterfeit mags were built.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 12:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Counterfeit or not is debatable.  It's a pretty hot topic to bring up.  

However, that being said, I have some of these black teflon coated mags with the DPMS panther head logo on the base plaste that came in plain packaging.  That being said, all eight of mine have worked pretty well, just as well as any of my USGI mags.  These are supposed to be made to the same specs with the same materials, just with the teflon coating instead of the old spec moly coating.  

You probably got some from a bad batch.  Just take them back to where you got them from and ask for either an exchange or refund.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 10:23:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Are you sure they are black teflon coated aluminum bodies...The black Ts look a lot like those cheap black steel mags.  Take a magnet to them and let us know.

It could be some guy who just swapped out floor plates on some USA mags.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 10:57:21 PM EDT
[#6]
USA's floorplates do not have the angled end.  Not interchangable with USGI floor plates.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top