Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/3/2003 11:05:47 AM EDT
I recently refinished/rebuilt a load of used USGI mags, I only needed a few so I was going to sell the rest.  I am looking at selling them on EE soon.  I wanted to know for sure what states I CANNOT ship them to, just in case.

Also, i was needing an opinion.  I used Permasilk inside and out (w/a little heat treatment) brand new green followers, and touched up floorplates.  The mags look really nice with only a couple (2) showing a few surface scratches/wear from being stacked and handled lightly.  Nothing you wouldn't see after a their first use probably.  Will that hurt the value much?? Should it?  Or should I strip them down and refinish them again? I just didn't know if that was a big deal.  I've heard new USGI mags with this type of finish usually have marks like that as they seem very fragile.

Just wanted opinions, and the answer to the legality question.  Thanks.

Gundraw
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 11:17:35 AM EDT
[#1]
you can ship them where ever you want, cuz.

It's the buyers problem to worry about his local tyranny.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Shamlessly stolen from a bookmarked page I have to keep track-

1.) We do not ship, sell or offer for sale any Clips, Magazines or Ammunition feeding devices to any one in the following places or to any one using a billing address in the following places.

Massachusetts,  New York City,  Washington D.C.

2.) We do not ship, sell or offer for sale any Clips, Magazines or Ammunition feeding devices over 10 rounds to the following state or to any one using a billing address in the following State.

California

3.) We do not ship, sell or offer for sale any Clips, Magazines or Ammunition feeding devices over 10 rounds that may fit a handgun to the following state or to any one using a billing address in the following State.

Hawaii

4.) We do not ship, sell or offer for sale any Clips, Magazines or Ammunition feeding devices over 15 rounds to the following state or to any one using a billing address in the following State.

New Jersey

5.) We do not ship, sell or offer for sale any Clips, Magazines or Ammunition feeding devices over 20 rounds to the following state or to any one using a billing address in the following State.

Maryland

Link Posted: 8/3/2003 5:17:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Above post is the gutless policy of some company and NOT the law.  You are not responsible for the laws of another state.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 11:07:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 3:39:55 AM EDT
[#5]
You can ship High Capacity mags to MASS as long as person recieving has correct permit.
I get so friggin tired of people saying they will not ship to Mass. If person recieving Mags lies and does not have propper permit he is screwed not sender.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Right!
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Great, that's what I was hoping.  All I needed is to want to sell a few mags and then have some major crisis on my hands.  We all know how breathtakingly dangering these pre-ban mags are...to people who know nothing about them, guns, or shooting.  [rolleyes]

Hey, nobody has commented on the mag condition bit.  Any suggestions.  Thanks for the help.

Gundraw
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 8:46:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I beleive in massachsetts the CLASS A LTC "licencse to carry"is all thats needed its the concealed carry permit as well as high capacity license for firearms and feeding devices.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:14:56 AM EDT
[#9]
MA permits are

Class A LTC = Anything + Concealed carry
Class B LTC= [b]High capacity Rifles and Shotguns are allowed[/b] But no high Capacity Handguns or Concealed Carry          

Fid Card = Only Low cap Rifles and Shotguns

This is exactly how it goes I have A Class B Ltc
And have 2 ARs,1 AK,1 SKS-D and plan on getting a DSA FAL soon.I Can not buy High Cap Handguns that is the only hardware restriction on Class B LTC.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:31:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't even bother recoating the mags.  Anyone who's buying the things shouldn't expect them to be immaculate, they're mags for crying out loud.  I'm sure the few slight imperfections ARE just from very light handling (they are so sensitve after being redone).  You should be able to get $18 or more a piece for them.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 8:06:53 PM EDT
[#11]
don't ship to MD, NJ, CA

Anywhere else should be ok, it's their ass if they need a permit.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top