Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2003 5:00:43 PM EDT
Hey guys. I tried a search for this but couldn't come up with anything relevant (tried twice, guess I wasn't asking the right question) ...

I have several of the British steel 30rd. magazines and some of them are blued, some are Parkerized. What's the difference, besides the finish? Were both used by the British in their bullpups?

Thanks in advance. I'm a noob here for sure but have learned a TON (tonne? ; ) ) in the time I've been on this board.

jim
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 5:35:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have a link or any proof, but someone posted that the blued mags are the original issue mags, while the parkerized were re-conditioned. Don't know if it is true or not though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 8:31:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I just bought a mixed bag of the British types. Don't know if the gray ones were rebuilt or not (can't tell from looking) but all have given excellent service so far.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 9:39:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I don't have a link or any proof, but someone posted that the blued mags are the original issue mags, while the parkerized were re-conditioned. Don't know if it is true or not though.
View Quote

I think it was RGUNS that posted it. He also said that all british mags that come into the country were imported by him. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 10:01:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I think it was RGUNS that posted it. He also said that all british mags that come into the country were imported by him. [rolleyes]
View Quote

AYEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Next thing you know I'll be swearing, misspelling, failing to use punctuation and capitalization...damn...damn...damn me to hell!  I need a drink.

Neilfj OUT!
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 2:07:50 AM EDT
[#5]
It will be interesting to know the story behind them, because since adoption as the SA80 they have used the Radway Green type magazines that use a push-button for quick removal of the floorplate.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top