Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2003 7:20:35 AM EDT
Has anyone done this or had someone do it
thinking of satin black
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I've not seen the anodizing come off these.  I've a couple of gold magazines that still work perfectly.  They don't care what they look like.  Neither do I.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 9:40:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats nice i like my stuff to look nice what you do with your stuff is your deal i didnt ask for a smart ass i just wanted to know if anyone has done this
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 11:36:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Whoa MGP!  You asked a question and a member commented on the life and duration of anodizing; I can be a world-class SA, and I did not feel, in the least, that this was a SA response.  Less than 40 posts should defer to the wisdom of over 4000, especially when asking questions. Chuck's response told yo of life span of anodizing and what his personal preferences were, explaining that he never attempted re-anodizing b/c he doesn't care about mag cosmetics.  By the way, this is just my opinion; i'm not trying to be a smartass....
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 3:10:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Lots of people have had their magazines reanodized and in a variety of pretty colors. 30's will work as is, 20's need to have the steel spring and rivets removed first. I've never seen acceptable replacements for the 20 round spring rivets. There are home use kits and instructions on the net or find a local refinisher. The end result is not going to live up to your expectations unless you polish the metal first.

That said, I'm with Chuck on it being a waste of money. Get a Thermold to pop in the well for pictures and use your USGI's the way they are.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 9:40:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info and sorry for the sm comment i just took it the wrong way
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top