Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2003 6:16:52 PM EDT
i have some (2) FN, (3) thermold, and (3) bushy's... i had a friend tell me bushy mags were crap... any truth to this??? do they have a bad rep???
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:56:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I have several of the newer 10 round mags and they work perfectly.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you talking about the 10 round post ban mags or the Pre ban mags that they sell when they have them?

The Preban mags are actually Labell mags (I believe) Teflon coated.  The newer post ban mags are good but the older franken mags that then now sell as the Bullpup mags aren't as good.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 11:30:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Are the the teflon coated aluminum 30 rounders, the post ban curved 10 rounders,  Postban steel 10 roundrs, or the crappy steel 40 rounders.  The only ones out of those that would be crap would be the steel 40 rounders with the steel 10 rounders following as the second crappiest of the group.  The aluminum ones are good to go, though.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 6:25:47 AM EDT
[#4]
they are the alunimum 30 round clips i have with bushmaster bottoms...
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:07:22 AM EDT
[#5]
you may have one of two types of mags.  The Labell mags I spoke of earlier, or someone took USGI mags and bought rebuild kits from Bushmaster.  In either case you are good to go (As long as the mag bodies are indeed Alluminum USGI bodies).
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 9:50:23 AM EDT
[#6]
he original pre ban bushmaster 30 rounders are teflon coated and made by labelles,they are high quality,I have 5 they are flawless.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 1:11:46 PM EDT
[#7]
The dimensions of Bushmaster magazines are spec., they were subcontracted out to LaBelle, a GI manufacturer as stated earlier.  The Teflon, may or may not be spec(a lot of current debate, in another thread), BUT, I can't think of a single reason, spec. or not, that Teflon would HAMPER, performance of a mag.  IN THEORY, a coating like Teflon, should only improve the performance of a magazine type mechanism.
All of the Bushmaster magazines that I've used have fed well and worked consistently reliably, at least as reliaby as any spec GI mag.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 4:40:17 PM EDT
[#8]
thanks guys, appreciate it much... yes i believe they are teflon coated... they are pretty much new, bought them a few months ago, havent used them yet.... was just wondering of the rumor... thanks for clearing up for me....very helpful indeed...
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 12:14:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top