Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/25/2003 2:10:40 PM EDT
I picked up a pair of 30rd magazines today at a local gun shop. I got the two best looking ones there for $30/ea. I figured it wasn't a bad price since otherwise I'd pay $20-30/ea + shipping online. Both have Adventureline floor plates, and from the description in one of the mag faqs I think the body is too(something about gold-colored anodizing?). I'm not sure what the other is. It looks like they were both painted over(poorly), as I got some black flakes coming off when I put them in the rifle scraping through the finish. Both had green followers. The odd body has a marking on the side that says "33710 5-91", the other body has no markings at all. There also seems to be a difference in the welds, the marked body welds look more oval while the Adventureline has round welds.

http://home.teleport.com/~kd7bcy/armag.jpg

Looks like they'll both work fine, and the cheap finishing job is just a minor annoyance, but I'm kinda curious as to what I ended up with.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#1]
FWIW - I think you can do better than that on the equipment exchange. Good looking USGI mags can usually be had for just under $20, and even with shipping it'll be less than $30. There's also been a bunch of the SA-80 steel mags going for about $15 each. Look around and you will find a deal....
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 11:03:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top