Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/20/2003 12:00:10 PM EDT
Hi,

I just received a Thermold 30/45 mag.  Left side of the mag has "H"  and "00."  Right side has Wilson markings, an "H" and a "91" in  circle.  It's in excellent condition.  What's it worth?

I also recived two aluminum 30 round mags.  They're black with no markings.  They have black followers that look exactily like my green followers.  Any ideas on the manufacturer and the approx. value?

Thanks for yor thoughts.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I have seen the 30/45 Thermolds go for $50 - $65.  I personally do not see the price to value relationship, though.

Do your "mystery mags" have any markings on the floorplates?  Are there any "witness holes" on the sides of them?  Is the finish shiny and very slick, such as teflon?  I am suspecting that they are either USA mags (bad) or teflon Labelle mags (excellent), depending on how you answer the questions above.  I hope that they are Labelles.  [;)]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:04:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Bud.

The mystery mags:

*  have no markings on the floor plate,
*  are back and shiny, and
*  have two witness holes - one at the top and one at the bottom of the mag.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:12:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Witness holes make me suspect that they are USA mags.  Sorry, dude.  They may be worth $5 to someone that wants to practice rifle clearing drills, or $10 - $15 to someone who doesn't know any better.

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Bud.  I think you're right because I saw some pics of Labelles and these ain't it.  Oh well, I guess I'll put them on the "want to trade" board  :-)
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:51:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Troy,

It looks like I have two USA mags :-(

Oh well, guess I can use them as range beaters and for clearance drills.

BTW - When I bought my post-ban BM, it came with a 30 rounder that looks exactly like a USA mag but it's gray.  I've had very good luck with it.  Is it a USA mag made for BM or does BM make their own?  Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top