Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2003 11:07:05 AM EDT
I am thing of a Mag-Caddy.
It would have a platform kind of like a tote tray with a carry handle that holds a certain number of mags loaded/unloaded silimilar to the mag cath in the lower recievers. This way you can preload mags and just insert them into the Mag-Caddy and they lock in securely.

I am also thinking stripper clip slots and a charger area. This way you can have fast access for easy mag reloading.

I am thinking about this due to being at the shooting bench and laying my mags all over the place. I don't know about this idea, cause allot of guys just go out and buy 8.00 mil surplus bags to hold ammo and mags in.

Your honest opinion guys? Would you buy one? I am thinking of a plastic/ nylon material in various colors?

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think the market would support it.  I think more people would be interested in something like a cheap chest harness that could be worn, or simply draped/ hang up at the range.

I've got a british chest harness that works great for this.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#2]
How 'bout a hardhat like you see with the two beer cans on each side?  Instead of cans, mags!  You could do them with custom logos on 'em or NFL tems, etc....

[:D][:D][:D][:D]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:22:04 PM EDT
[#3]
well, I'll give you credit for the idea, but I don't think it'll go anywhere.

I do the mechanic bag/range bag thingy, and do a'ight.  A small length of paracord and a quick release clip holds the LULA.

but, ya never know.. there will be some people out there that just gotta have something like that.  I will guarantee that!  [:)]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#4]
How about a little plastic divider to fit into an ammo can and keep them from clanking around?
It's a good idea that you have. I wanted something nice, to carry my mags to the range in. I ended up using pouches and ammo cans like everyone else, but if you had an organizer that slid in and out of cans you might do better.
As far as your idea, I think you could sell them. I don't think you could cover your costs.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:54:40 PM EDT
[#5]
ohhh,  I think Stryfe may be on to something...

I like the idea of something to fit in ammo cans... I have those pull out sections for the .50 cans.. they make excellent cleaning kit's.

[:)]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#6]
If anybody makes it big on that idea, I just want a nice AR. Okay? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:05:30 PM EDT
[#7]
You should patent your idea before you post it.  [url]http://www.uspto.gov/[/url]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top