Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2003 9:38:33 AM EDT
What is a preban beta C worth these days? I my be in the market for one.

IPSC_GUY
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:22:52 PM EDT
[#1]
ee sellers are in the mid to low 600s these days. I don't know how much better you can do elsewhere.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

IPSC_GUY
View Quote

Isn't it the AWB that limits mags to 10 rounds?  Wait and see if it sunsets.  The new beta C mags (for law enforcement) are going for around $200 and I bet they go lower if the ban sunsets.  I'm getting me one for sure.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:07:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

IPSC_GUY
View Quote

Isn't it the AWB that limits mags to 10 rounds?  Wait and see if it sunsets.  The new beta C mags (for law enforcement) are going for around $200 and I bet they go lower if the ban sunsets.  I'm getting me one for sure.
View Quote

No kidding...

I just cant see spending $600+ for a mag that is heavy and fragile.  They are very cool looking though.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#4]
well I know where there is a shit load of them  and they have been under water for a while too,  we used to just throw them off the side of the ship when we were done shooting, talk about make me cry or what  I could have retired for what we threw overboard.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:34:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
well I know where there is a shit load of them  and they have been under water for a while too,  we used to just throw them off the side of the ship when we were done shooting, talk about make me cry or what  I could have retired for what we threw overboard.
View Quote

What was wrong with them?
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#6]
i would bet nothing is wrong, they threw them over board when empty.  navy and CG both did that for a long time.  some may still do it atfer shooting at stuff in the water off the deck.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 11:34:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Well In any case the cost would definitely go down if we get good news, but it's not like the company producers are rubbing their hands with glee at all the sales they would make. They have been civillian UN-friendly & I doubt supply will increase drastically enough to keep up with demand. So you'd still be paying more than the mag's fair market value, but you wouldnt be bent over the barrel w/o the lube like you are now.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:40:33 AM EDT
[#8]
dpmmn
THREW THEM OVER THE SIDE??? Just out of curiosity how many and where? I have seen the Navy throw stuff over that was worth a hell of a lot more than a beta C mag or even a hundred Beta C's all becuase a LTJG need space for a desk. MAKES ME SICK it tell ya...

Thanks for all the replies. I keep hoping the AW ban will sunset too but I have a felling it won't. Yes I know I am a doom sayer.

IPSC_GUY
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top