Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/12/2003 12:10:39 AM EDT
What information can anyone give me about the windup drum style mag?  It has no markings on it.  Told it works well but I have not been able to find much information out on this style of magazine. I'm new to this so any info would be greatly apprectiated.  Is this legal to own?  It holds 100 rds.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:28:31 AM EDT
[#1]
It is most likely a Chinese AK mag.  I have and like the 75 round version (roughly $100.00).  I know the 100 round version goes for quite a bit more and hear it works just as well - but is too large and heavy for some people's taste.

It is legal to own - depending on your state laws.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:51:54 AM EDT
[#2]
The mag you are asking about is for an AK? I have seen converted Chinese AK drums with AR mags mounted on top for use in AR15's. The original design works great in AK style rifles but I have not seen the AR conversions work reliably. I would avoid it if it is a converted mag.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:03:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Most Chinese AR-15 .223 drums I've seen are 120 round capacity, although I've seen some I believe held 90 rounds. The ones I have/had have worked very well for me in full-auto.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top