Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/2/2003 12:24:26 AM EDT
What are the mags that RRA sends.  They look like they are chrome or nickel plated.  I like the contrast with the black and I bet it drops free fast.  Am I correct or do they have some fancy mag that they use for pictures.  Also what is the best quality mag available?  I like the look of the Thermolds but I don't know their quality.  I don't want to spend $40 on those NIW Colts but I also don't want any $7 cheapys.  To bad the AR mags aren't as reliable and cheap as the FAL mags.  Metric mags are running like $5 each nowadays.  Thanks guys
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:21:58 PM EDT
[#1]
My RRA, bought 3 weeks ago, came with a Colt 9-round mag.

There's a lot of good stuff (military 30 rounder's) for under $25, NIW.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:39:29 PM EDT
[#2]
You mean the way they look on RRA's website? It's just the lighting or photo editing. The mags are standard mil-spec moly finish. (FWIW, anytime I take a picture of my AR's with any of my mags inserted, the mags always come out a silver color).

As for the actual product; from what I can tell they're either a 20 or 30 rd USGI mag body that's been cut and modified to only accept 10 rds.

Instead of a standerd floor plate, they have a 'fixed' plastic bottom that can't be removed without messing up the works. IIRC, this was done to meet BATFE approval.

I've never used mine (I don't even know where it is), so can't comment on any problems or not.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top