Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/1/2003 4:41:41 PM EDT
for quick reload. What method do you guys prefer? Tape? Fobus mag clamps? Side by side? Staggered? One up, one down? Got some pics?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:23:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I wanted to see if I liked the idea of attaching two mags.  I had some para-cord and decided to try it.  It works extremely well. I didn't do this for rapid mag changes.  I did this for convenience when I carry them.  It works so well that I don't plan on buying the mag cinch.

Dan

[img]http://home.ix.netcom.com/~brownhen/_uimages/m16withcinchedmags4.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:59:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Dan, whatcha got twixt them mags to keep'em from floppin' about?

I've got a couple of the Fobus units they are light and bind the mags together securely.Only time will tell how durable they are but they are quite sturdy as new.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:21:45 AM EDT
[#3]
bgenlvtex, I have a piece of wood between the mags.  In addition, I cut a groove into the wood, on both sides, that fits nicely over the over insertion ridge on the Orlites. I then wrapped the wood with a piece of non skid shelf liner (from Lowes).  The paracord makes it extremely tight and there is no movement.  It's not permanent and only takes about a minute to unwrap.  

Dan
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:50:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I did a similar thing, cut a wood spacer, but faced it with some cork sheet.  I strapped them together with some big Ty-wraps.  

Do not strap them one up / one down.  You will bump the bottom mag and possibly bend the feedlips, or get dirt in it.  Both up.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top