Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/31/2003 11:00:16 AM EDT
I bought one of those mags from England, already comes with the new follower, only its black and not green.  Functions flawlessly.  Turns out the guy has about 35 mags, all new, $25 each.  I'm gonna trying to buy in bulk and get a deal.  Thanks for the help guys.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:15:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Search around a bit more,  you should be able to find some for right at 20 dollars or even less than 20 dollars.

25 dollars seems a bit high from what I've been reading lately.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Tapco sells them for $19.99
Dans ammo sells them for $15.
RGuns sells them for $15.
I bought 6 from Dans with free shipping.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:51:44 PM EDT
[#3]
DOA,you got a link or address for Dans ammo ?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#4]
[url]http://www.dansammo.com/ammo.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:01:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I just bought 6 Imperial Defense Forces mags from CMMG.  These have the "England" sticker on the side.  They came with a green follower already installed, and CMMG tossed in some silicon springs, too.  These are stronger than the original springs, and I installed them right away.  

These mags easily insert and drop free from my AR's.

CMMG has them for $25 each.

http://www.cmmginc.com
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:14:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I didn't see the mags listed on Dan's website.  Is it an unadvertised special he has going on??  

Thanks,

Brad
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:42:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Dans has been out since april and the TAPCO ones now cost $25. RGuns only has the black ones.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I picked up two new ones at the last gun show for $18 each.  So far I haven't had much luck with them.  Numerous FTFs but I'm going to give them another try with new green followers and springs before I shit can them.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:52:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I picked up two new ones at the last gun show for $18 each.  So far I haven't had much luck with them.  Numerous FTFs but I'm going to give them another try with new green followers and springs before I shit can them.
View Quote

If they don't work after that, send them to me. I could use a few more range mags.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

If they don't work after that, send them to me. I could use a few more range mags.
View Quote

I took them to the range today and shot about 100 rounds through them with no problems.  I haven't replace the followers yet but I did use Q3131A ammo instead of PMC.  I was very happy with the mags now that I used decent ammo.  I'm not going to use PMC any more.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:17:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Just so we're clear, the green followers are a drop-in replacement for the black ones in the English mags?  I just picked up 5 today at the show and they had black followers.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:41:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Look very closely and take them outside and look at them under natural light.  I swore mine were black until I saw them outside.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:51:12 AM EDT
[#13]
My $18 English mags have a follower that is the same design as a GF, hence they don't need to be replaced.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top