Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/25/2003 4:35:04 PM EDT
I just bought two 20 round mags for $8.00 each at the gun show!!!!  On one of them the floorplate says    M16/M16A1 CAL 5.56mm Universal Inds. DIV of Simmonds Prec Prod Westhaven Conn USA.      What is the age of this? Is it Vietnam era? I have never seen one that said M16A1..
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:03:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 4 marked like that also, and would like to know the same thing you are asking. Only thing I have heard about the 1st 20 round ones that were used, is that you want to only put 16 rounds in them b/c of the spring. (heard it on the history channel) But I've been putting 20 in them and gone thought at least 200+ rounds in each so far, and all 4 work great.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#2]
The first 20 round mags were down loaded to 16-18 rounds because when our troops took them apart to clean them they installed the mag springs backward on the follower causing the mag to malfunction. That is why you are told to never seperate your follower and spring.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:24:15 PM EDT
[#3]
also early ammo came in boxes and not on stripper clips.   you can jam 21 in if you really try.  this will jam the mag up as well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:26:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:35:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Troy!!!
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top