Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 5:12:56 PM EDT
I have been using 20 round mags lately and like them better than the 30.  I guess they are a lot easier to use on the bench and don't get in the way as much.  I'm sure 20 and 30 rounders are both reliable but I found a few marked as "Simmonds Prec. Prod. Inc. West Haven, CT" that work real well.  They have an aluminum follwer and work great with my Colt m-4.  I wish I bought more (only got two) because these things work well.  Anyone else out there have these mags?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought several 30's when I first got my ar. After a few outings, I too decided I like the 20's better. I only have a couple. I dont think the mags you list a very uncommon. All brands of USGI mags are reliable (I think there were some problems with 30 rd coopers at one point) and should give you the same performance as you describe with your specific brand.

You should be able to find plenty over at the equipment exchange.

A fellow over there who goes buy "79 Trans-Am" is a good one to deal with. I have purchased from him several times without any problems.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:23:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top