Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/18/2003 5:46:44 AM EDT
I had a friend call me about some magazines he could purchase. He had some NIW Parsons for $15.00 each,I said "go for it". The one that that I need the information on is a MWG drum. He said it was marked 90 rounds,but not to load more than 80 rounds? Made in Miami FL. 33197. What is this thing worth,and is it worth having?I have no use for anything but GI 20's and 30's.But I guess there is a place for these things.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:44:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I just looked on Gunbroker.com and they had 3 for auction.  One started at $99 (was up to $101)  then a $200 and a $225 (starting price).  

I too personally don't have a use for one except for the possible "Oh Crap" factor.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:50:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I owned a couple of these drums as well as the Beta's and the base MWG with no accessories is worth around $150. You'll find the price increases when the drum comes with all the accessories and also based upon the condition of the drum. Personally, if you're looking for something to go to the range to have some fun then drums are a cool item to own. But I can't think of too many scenarios when I would install a drum for use unless I was in a SHTF scenario. Which is a scenario that I can't see coming anytime soon.

At some point in time anyone who is an AR15 fanatic will own a drum![:)] Even if you only plan to use the drum for taking pictures.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:17:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I had an MWG drum, the carry case, mag loading tools, the whole shebang.  It would fire the full 90 rounds well.  BUT, loaded, it is heavy and the weight is off center.  I would rather a pouch of 30 rnd USGI's, in fact, I traded mine back before the AW ban for 6 or 8 USGI's.

BTW, they were $59.95 with all the acc back then.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top