Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2003 7:37:44 AM EDT
I bought a John Masen brand 9 round magazine, which is supposed to be a copy of the Colt 9 round post-ban magazine, the nice one with the black plastic wedge floorplate and dark grey finish.  

The Masen mag looks good, but it will NOT easily insert or drop free from my Olympic Arms rifle.  It requires so much force that the magzine finish is rubbing off, clearly indicating the parts that are too wide.

I talked to the Masen lady on the phone, she was very nice.  "We know," she said, "Olympic makes their mag wells a bit on the tight side, that is the only rifle we have heard complaints about.  They sent us a lower receiver, we are going to change the magazine dimensions in the next few months to work in Olympic rifles".

In the meantime, I will return the Masen, and get me a Bushmaster 10 rounder.  
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top