Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/14/2003 3:32:15 PM EDT
hope this isnt repost or anything..but i jus wanted to comment on this idea..i jus did it this evening and it is really cool..it works really well..good gripe on mag. helps that banging round..and ya dont get the 90mph tape goo all over mag when ya take it off..so thought i would share.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen this elsewhere and have done it with my mags.  I don't think you'll get in trouble for a duplicate post.

btw, it might have helped to describe the process.  say, for example that you cut 4" wide loops off an old innertube and stretch it across the magazine. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:23:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Funny... I just did this with my mags but I only used a 1 1/2 to 2 inch piece.  Gives a nice grip and no tape residue to clean off. Sometimes the adhesive will creep out and pick up dirt and other junk
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#3]
well, I didn't know how exactly he did it, so I just made up a number [:D]

the way I did it, I used about 3 to 3 1/2" strips.  I didn't measure it, though, I just cut the strips about the width of my hand (so I could get a full grip).  some of them are up to 3 1/2" wide, and others are as little as 3"
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Cool.  Now if there were only instructions on what to do [:|]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 11:51:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Cool.  Now if there were only instructions on what to do [:|]
View Quote
well, first you need an old bicycle inner-tube (new works too, but used is generally free/cheaper).

then you chop it up into little loops at your desired width.  my choice is 3-1/2" wide, but Archer likes 'em thinner (1-1/2 to 2").

then you stretch them over the bottoms of your magazines, so they go around the mag (basically to provide a gripping source for your hands).  I'll take some pictures and add them to this thread in a little bit.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I tried putting the inner tube on my magazines.. however.. now I can't get the mag into the rifle or even load them because the innertube is in the way..

what gives?

[}:D]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:23:50 PM EDT
[#7]
its about as easy as it gets..cut inner tube bout 3-4" and stretch it over bottom of mag..
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p258822948c8e0fe42af3f2b853742891/fc24b319.jpg[/img]
this is about as far as ya wanna cut it , any longer and yes, you will have insertion problems.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#8]
if you're having trouble seating the mag, your inner-tube is too high.

here a picture of one of my inner-tubed mags:
[img]http://ucs.orst.edu/~voilsb/extras/mag.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I tried putting the inner tube on my magazines.. however.. now I can't get the mag into the rifle or even load them because the innertube is in the way..

what gives?

View Quote
What did you do? Put the tube all the way to the top. Are you sure you are safe with a gun??
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

what gives?

View Quote
What did you do? Put the tube all the way to the top. Are you sure you are safe with a gun??
View Quote

How could you NOT get that joke...
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:02:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what gives?

View Quote
View Quote

How could you NOT get that joke...
View Quote

well, at least one guy out there proves that your post count does not reflect your IQ  [;)]

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 1:08:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Cut the inner tube the short way around.  Although if you do it the long way around the valve makes a nice handle.  yah only get one per tube though.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top