Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/14/2003 10:42:26 AM EDT
Has anyone used the DPMS black teflon 30 rounder mag with green follower?  Does it feed in the BM's and RRA?  They are black.  Has anyone had any luck with these?  How do they compare to the US GI or Colt mags?

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Has anyone used the DPMS black Teflon 30 rounder mag with green follower?  Does it feed in the BM's and RRA?  They are black.  Has anyone had any luck with these?  How do they compare to the US GI or Colt mags?

View Quote

I have used them and they are the shits, I will never buy another moly finish Mag Again.
Don't get me wrong I have a bunch of Colt 20rd and 30rd Mags, and I will hang on them because I have two Colt AR15's.
If you want the DPMS Mags I would absolutely recommend them and I would also recommend calling RGuns to place the order.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:10:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I got ten of them when they first came out and Brownells had them in stock.

The work great, but then again so do all of my GI mags with green followers and Wolfe springs.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 1:40:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The components are all USGI; just the finish is different, and, yes, the teflon finish is superior to the USGI moly dry-film finish.

-Troy
View Quote

Do you know if they are used ones that have been re-finished with teflon, or are they new ones?

Thanks,

WF~~~
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:35:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I have teflon finished mags that were purchased New in Wrapper, some gray, some black.  They are marked:

Defense Procurement Manufacturing Services (Black teflon)  USGI wrapper

Defense Procurement Manufacturing Services (Gray teflon)  USGI wrapper is marked Labelle.

BFI, with Bushmaster's coiled snake logo (gray teflon)

Blank floorplates (which were in USGI wrappers) (gray teflon) No mfg marked on the wrapper.

It is my understanding that all of these tefloned mags were actually made by Labelle.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:54:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been getting the gray teflon Bushmaster LEO mags for the last year or so and report zero problems with them in any of my shooters. They appear to be identical to mil spec magazines except for the finish, which is a slick gray. I am slowly swapping all of my issued mags for these. The also run about $3 cheaper than new LEO Colt mil-spec mags.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top