Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/12/2003 9:06:03 AM EDT
Couldn't find the answer to my question in the FAQ or thread search..I've read some negative comments on using steel mags in place of AL mags somewhere around here but I can't find where I read it?  Any good advice out there on steel vs. aluminum mags for a rookie?  

My Apologies for the double post...dang enter button!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:42:38 AM EDT
[#1]
The british steel mags work fine but I wouldnt use any others. Just dont slam em into the mag well they will dent the edges.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:09:58 PM EDT
[#2]
NO "vs" about it. Unless you find steel mags for a "steal" I'd forsake them altogether. It's not about the performance, it's about durability.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:18:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Well British mags at $15 a peice is a good deal around here. They are INFINTELY better than USA or Victor brand mags.

But if I had a choice Id go with the USGI ones too. Cant wait till the AWB expires. NIW USGI mags for $10-$20 a pop. Ahh heaven.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 2:22:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
NO "vs" about it. Unless you find steel mags for a "steal" I'd forsake them altogether. It's not about the performance, it's about durability.
View Quote

Pulpsmack:

Durability in what respect?

Thanks,

Noah
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top