Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/11/2003 11:05:34 AM EDT
Dear List:

I have 4 new Centers with green followers.  They all drop free and function fine, and all are clean both inside and out.

HOWEVER, yesterday at the range, I was firing away and suddenly my rifle went "click."  I stopped for a minute, then racked the bolt...no chambered round (thought the problem was the Greek M193!).  I dropped the mag, and several rounds fell out.  I shook all the rounds out, and the follower was bound up in the mag, near the bottom.  Of course, this was the problem with that last round not being stripped off the top of the mag and chambered by the bolt.  I stuck a screwdriver into the mag, poked on the follower a bit, and up she popped.

Has anyone else had the follower bind up in this way?  What might be the cause of this?  How might I prevent this from happening again?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top