Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2003 11:37:22 AM EDT
Friend of mine just paid $70 for a Sterling 40 rnd steel AR mag at a gun show. The mag has not been used, but does show signs of being inserted into a rifle.

Sounds like a lot for one mag to me - did he get ripped or was it a good deal ?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Good deal, usually sell for $90 to $100 in that condition.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info, that should put a smile on his face :)
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:56:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Could anyone tell me how much the 30 rnd Sterling steel mags go for now ?

I have one in my safe somewhere !
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:10:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Sterling 30rd mags can sell for $50 to $75 depending on condition.  Almost all the Sterling 30rd mags were parkerized steel and a very small number were mfg of blued steel which I have some in my collection.  Much like the Sterling 40rd mags the 30rd Sterling mags are scarce and sought after by the AR180 owners.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:27:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Can you Post a Couple Pictures of these Rare Magazines including the Floorplates so I can see what all the HYPE is about?
Thanks..
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:50:30 AM EDT
[#6]
If I can find my 30 rnd Sterling I will post pics. Not seen it for years though !
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I was lucky enough to run into these mags a few years ago before the California Communist Ban went through. Got them for practically nothing (like $20 each). They were all in brand new condition but had some scuff marks from bulk storage so I had them all reparkerized and then I put some GF's in 'em...never used 'em though...

Here's a picture for reference...

[img]http://idisk.mac.com/gs430/Public/firearms/mags/sterling40mag.jpg[/img]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top