Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2003 10:01:43 AM EDT
After reading the mag FAQ I see that the last year the 20 rounders were produced was in 1971. Were any of these refurbished before they went out to the surplus market? I like them as I've never had any failures with them. I picked up 8 for $100 this morning at the Abq. gun show. They were all 85% or better with the usual gold showing on the points of contact from the magwell. For a piece of gear they seem to be strong as ever after 30+ years. Time to load them up with some IMG, put them in the bandoleers, and take them out tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:12:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you got a great deal. I love my 20rd mags. I actually have some 30rd mags....somewhere.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:08:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Any [i]refurbished or refinished[/i] USGI magazines would have that done after they were surplused from military service.  The Army doesn't care what they look like as long as they function.  There are no [i]spare parts[/i] for magazines, they're expendable.  The Army does not retrofit green followers.

I avoid refurbished or refinished USGI magazines almost totally.  You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig underneath.

As an exception to this I've been using a Georgia Precision (dot com) refinished USGI 20 round magazine for well over a year of shooting just to test it.  Works perfectly.  I keep it in my range bag just to torture it.

-- Chuck
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top