Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/25/2003 7:43:52 PM EDT
I recently purchased some mags from a fellow at a local gun show. His prices were fair and his mags were decent. Any one interested, his E-mail is [email protected] He has used, refinished, new in the wrap, 20's and 30's.
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 8:07:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you mind to elaborate on some of the brands he had?
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Well...this isn't an Edgar Allan Poe board - don't keep us in suspense!  How much were they and what brands was he offering?

Link Posted: 4/25/2003 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh the suspense is terrible.
Come on pretty please tell us the info on the Mags.
Don't be [8)] tell us.
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 11:26:55 PM EDT
[#4]
and..?
Link Posted: 4/26/2003 12:19:33 AM EDT
[#5]
What do you consider fair?  I am able to get them for $10 plus tax, so it all depends on your version of fair.  I would pay up to $15 if they were in great shape and with green followers.

Oh, what brands?
Link Posted: 4/26/2003 3:54:42 AM EDT
[#6]
He carries all brands, everything I saw was GI. He had some Colt 20's and 30's new in the wrap. He had several large boxes that were" stacked" full. They were not just thrown in a pile. I don't want to quote any prices for him. I purchased  quite a few so I got a good price. He also has AR15 parts, Pre and Post ban.
Link Posted: 4/26/2003 5:55:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He carries all brands, everything I saw was GI. He had some Colt 20's and 30's new in the wrap. He had several large boxes that were" stacked" full. They were not just thrown in a pile. I don't want to quote any prices for him. I purchased  quite a few so I got a good price. He also has AR15 parts, Pre and Post ban.
View Quote

Is he willing to sell to the public or individuals only that patronize his store?
Would you mind contacting him and ask if it is ok to publish a e-mail address or phone number?
I would like to check him out and see what he has, I know quite a few Team Members in TN. and I am sure they would appreciate the info as well.
Link Posted: 4/26/2003 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I recently purchased some mags from a fellow at a local gun show. His prices were fair and his mags were decent. Any one interested, his E-mail is [email protected] He has used, refinished, new in the wrap, 20's and 30's.
View Quote

Sent the guy an e-mail.  Will post results.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 12:14:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for your inquiry! If I may direct you to www.Gunbroker.com, you will
find a selection of magazines that we offer. Simply go to the search block and
type in 8517687 and you will see a listing for AR-15 mags. Make sure to find
the seller section of the ad which is AR15HQ and view sellers other auctions
where you will find a variety of pre-ban AR-15 mags. I'm sure we have many
mags that will be of interest to you.
Thanks again,
Angela Ashley
Middle TN Guns & Ammo
615-355-0810
Tues-Sat   10:00am to 6:00pm
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 12:16:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for posting that, Nate.  You're an asset to the site. [:)]

Link Posted: 4/27/2003 4:08:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks Nate will check today.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 4:19:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Just checked on Gunbroker [b]Refinished 30rd Mags for $20.00 [/b] Not bad, not bad at all!
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#13]
I decided to try some of the brit mags instead...
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 10:51:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I decided to try some of the brit mags instead...
View Quote

[>:/] Why?? The USGI Mags are aluminum and better quality.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 9:07:04 PM EDT
[#15]
$14 apiece and I've heard nothing but good things...

I've got plenty USGI for the moment, so I figure that I'll try what sounds to be the only decent steel AR mags aside from the new HK ones.  I plan on using the steel ones on the range keeping the precious aluminum ones in the safe...

The steel should hold up longer to abuse aside from corrosion over the long haul anyway, in theory...

It never hurts to have some of each...
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 10:35:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
$14 apiece and I've heard nothing but good things...

I've got plenty USGI for the moment, so I figure that I'll try what sounds to be the only decent steel AR mags aside from the new HK ones.  I plan on using the steel ones on the range keeping the precious aluminum ones in the safe...

The steel should hold up longer to abuse aside from corrosion over the long haul anyway, in theory...

It never hurts to have some of each...
View Quote

Good point, but I have been told if they get wet or Damp look out.
If I had any and the finish started wearing I would clean them then primer them and might even add some paint with the color of choice.[:D]
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 8:42:00 AM EDT
[#17]
If I had any and the finish started wearing I would clean them then primer them and might even add some paint with the color of choice.
View Quote

That's my plan as well.  For $14 NIW and from all the praise they have recieved here, I had to give them a try.

The rifle also has more than a few steel parts that will rust if left unprotected from the elements...

I was issued an A2 one time to clean.  When I popped the hanguards off the barrel was completely rusted under there.  Made me sick.  Fortunately, it cleaned up with a wire brush and lots of CLP.  Just have to take care of your equipment, thats all...
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#18]
[shock]

do you see all those mags he has stacked in his photos?!?!?!?!?!?

I spo want that many mags....think he will cut me a deal? [:D]
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 9:43:12 AM EDT
[#19]
I spoke to Angela at TN Guns & Ammo and they are more than willing to do direct business via phone - Gunbroker.com is not the only avenue.  $20/mag with $2 shipping, unless you buy 5, then the shipping's free!  You can even pick which manufacturer you want.  I just picked up 5 OKay 30 rounders - can't wait! [:D]
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 11:07:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
. . . Good point, but I have been told if they get wet or Damp look out . . .
View Quote

The same would hold true for many other box magazine fed weapons out there; with some exceptions, the others use steel mags -- FAL, AK, M14, M1 Carbine, M3, Sten, Bren, Enfield bolt rifles, Mosin-Nagant bolt rifles, etc.  Many of the FAL mags and all of the Hungarian AK mags that I have are phosphated and LIGHTLY oiled.  

I have 20 of the British ("England") steel AR mags and every one of them functions like a USGI in my Colt ST A2 and Bushy AK-braked carbine.  The ONLY modification that I made was to trim about 0.100" from the dark blue follower peg with a pair of dikes.  No issue with insertion of a full mag on a closed bolt after that.

Noah
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 11:29:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
[shock]

do you see all those mags he has stacked in his photos?!?!?!?!?!?

I spo want that many mags....think he will cut me a deal? [:D]
View Quote

They definitely had a couple of Mags.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:06:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Middle TN Guns & Ammo
615-355-0810
[email protected]

Promptly responded to every email. I mailed them a money order last Tuesday and this Tuesday received 5 USGI 30's w/ GF. All drop free and were individually bagged. $100 total.

If you're looking for good mags, good service, and low price check them out.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top