Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2003 11:05:48 AM EDT
I am new to the AR world, but I just bought a pre-ban colt AR15 that came with 5 colt 20 rnd mags.  Can someone tell me about the followers on these mags -- they look to be steel.  I have seen the black and green followers, but I don;t know anything about these "steel" followers.  Any info is appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 11:09:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Their aluminum and come standard on all USGI 20 rounders.

Check out the "MAGAZINE FAQ" tacked to the top of the Mag Forum.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:37:58 PM EDT
[#2]
These are the most reilable M16/AR15 mags around.  USGI.  What's stamped on the floorplates?

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:04:03 AM EDT
[#3]
The Colt logo with the .223 caliber marking
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Junk, I'll take them off your hands for $10.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:57:36 PM EDT
[#5]
These are very good mags.  They are generally priced higher than 30 round USGI mags of similar quality and condition.  They have the additional asset of not extending below the pistol grip and thus are (more) useful for prone target shooting.

The conventional wisdom, largely handed down from military training, is that the 20 round mags will exibit some failures to feed if fully loaded.  The stated solution is to load them with 18 rounds.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 6:07:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Total nonsense in 1968 and total nonsense now.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 6:09:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Your mags are the standard by which others are judged.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top