Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/31/2002 7:59:35 AM EDT
I discovered that one of my 30 round mags has the begining of a crack on the left feed lip, and the right one is bent ever so slightly. I am going to try and gently reshape the bent side, but does anyone have any thoughts on the crack? I am relugating this mag as a range mag only, but I'd like to keep it usable as long as possible.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 11:59:12 AM EDT
[#1]
You might want to try some JB Weld, but I wouldn't count on a whole lot of success.  If you search the AR15 board for JB Weld, you should get another thread on trying to repair cracked feed lips.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#2]
There is no good way to repair cracked USGI mags that I have seen. The only thing you can try is to take a small enough drill bit, and put a hole at the end of the crack. This should help slow down any further cracking of the mag.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:47:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Magazines are very inexpensive right now. Your best bet is to pick up some replacement magazines. You will avoid far more than $15-20 worth of frustration by just replacing the damaged magazine over the repair.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top